Jüri Pirso, Sen. Researcher
PhD., Doc. of Engineering
Head of the laboratory powder metallurgy
English (fair), Russian, Estonian (mother language)
Field(s) of research activity:
Microstructure, mechanical properties and wear resistance of cermets, mechanical alloying and mechanical activated synthesis of cermets.
Preparation of national and European Commission 6th Framework Programme projects.
Member of Baltic Materials Association
Awards, prizes, grants:
1985 – Estonian State prize
1998-2001 – Estonian Scientific Fund grant ”Fine-grain cermets”
2002-2005 - Estonian Scientific Fund grant ”Nanostructured cermets”.
Tallinn University of Technology
List of publications (in the field of nanostructured materials)
(1) S. Letunovits, L. Kommel, M. Viljus and J. Pirso. Characteerisation of TiC Powders Milled by Attritor Technique. Proc. of the 2nd Inter. Conf. DAAM. Tallinn, 2000, 153-156.
(2) M. Viljus, R. Traksmaa, S. Letunovits, J. Pirso. Synthesis of TiC by Mechanical Activation of Powder Components. Proc. Euro congress + exhibition PM 2001. Oct. 22-24, Nice, France, 194-198.
(3) M. Viljus, R. Traksmaa, S. Letunovits, J. Pirso. Synthesis of TiC Powder by Mechanical Activation. Materials of the X-th International Baltic Conference. Sept. 27-28, 2001 Jurmala, Latvia,18-21.
(4) M. Viljus, S. Letunovits, R. Traksmaa, J. Pirso. Mechanically Activated Synthesis of Chromium Carbide. Proc. of the 3rd Internat. Conf. Industrial Engineering-New Challenges to SME 25-27 April 2002, Tallinn, 220-223.
(5) S. Letunovits, M. Viljus, J. Pirso. Effect of Carbide Production on the Structure and Properties of the Cr3C2-Ni Cermets. Proc. of the 3rd Internat. Conf. Industrial Engineering-New Challenges to SME 25-27 April 2002, Tallinn, 181-184.
(6) M. Viljus, S. Letunovits, R. Traksmaa, J. Pirso. The Influence of Reactive Sintering Parameters on the Structure and Properties of Cr3C2-Ni Cermets. Materials Science (Medziagotyra). Vol.8, (2002) No 4, 473-476.